We are experts at Kuhn Rikon when it comes to cookware and pressure cookers. We have been designing and manufacturing our state of the art DUROMATIC® pressure cookers in Switzerland since 1949. We now offer several ranges in different sizes and with different features. It might be a bit confusing choosing the right pressure cooker for you, so we are here to help.
SAVE time, SAVE energy and SAVE money with our easy to use pressure cooker. All of our DUROMATIC® Pressure Cookers are quiet, safe, easy to use, easy to clean, attractive to look at and will create delicious meals up to three times faster than conventional cookware.
What size of pressure cooker do you need?
Here is an approximate guide to the number of main course servings:
- 2.6qt pressure cooker - 1 to 2 servings
- 4.2qt pressure cooker - up to 4 servings
- 5.3qt pressure cooker - up to 5 servings
- 6.3qt pressure cooker - up to 6 servings
- 8..4qt pressure cooker - up to 8 servings
Which style do you want?
Here at Kuhn Rikon, you can choose a pressure cooker with two side handles, or a pressure cooker with one long handle - but what's the difference?
- The two side grips are easier to store and can be easier to lift as the weight is evenly distributed.
- The long handle and a smaller assist handle gives increased leverage, making the pan easier to tip and pour.
What shape of pressure cooker will suit you?
- If you want to cook soup or large cuts of meat and poultry in your pressure cooker be sure to choose a deep pressure cooker.
- The shallower pressure cookers are great for casseroles, curries, vegetables and more.
Kuhn Rikon makes several different ranges of DUROMATIC® pressure cooker, here are the key differences:
- Duromatic® Comfort - the only Bluetooth pressure cooker available, you connect to the pressure cooker via Bluetooth using an app on your Apple or Android device.
- Duromatic® Family Style - Dubbed ‘the pressure cooker for professionals’, it is available in large capacities, from 5L to 12L, and has an exceptionally large 28cm diameter - great for cooking large quantities, large cuts of meat and poultry. Our Family Style range is ideal for professional chefs and enthusiastic home cooks who cater for large numbers.
- Duromatic® - this is our best selling pressure cooker, it has a timeless elegance and is available with a choice of handles and in a range of sizes to suit all families - making it our most popular model.
Still have some questions on choosing a pressure cooker? Then please contact us - the experts.